As much as we love being parents and would do anything for our children, it can be difficult and exhausting at times. Southwinds Children’s Ministry wants to provide support and encouragement for parents as we all work together to raise up a generation of kids that love Jesus.
You will know our Leaders by their Name Badge Lanyards. Please do not place your child in the care of anyone who represents themselves as a Leader at Southwinds who is not wearing this badge. That is your verification that they are approved by Southwinds Church to serve in our Children's Ministry.
We Love Our Children's Leaders --- You will too!
We have a dedicated team of volunteers that serve each week at The Shed, KidSpace, and Little Stars! Each worker has undergone an application and screening process and is placed in a class where they lovingly care and serve our kids. We have a blast together as we see children smile, laugh and learn about God.
We are an Orange Philosophy ministry. This means that we strive to blend the Light of the Church (Yellow) with the Love of Home (Red) to equip parents to be the primary spiritual leaders for their kids. As a church, we would only get about 50 hours per year with your child while you as parents will have 1000’s of hours. We believe that God calls the church to help parents lead their kids to a love for Jesus.
Check out whatisorange.org for more on the Orange Strategy.
So we’re all in this together! We’re all a Forever Family. Let’s work together to Love, Connect with, Grow in, and Serve Jesus more!
Baptizing a child who has decided to follow Jesus is one of the greatest pleasures we have as a church.
In order to make sure that children fully understand what Baptism means, we ask parents to please download and go through this workbook with their child.
If you feel they are ready for Baptism, you can meet with Pastor Chris to discuss it.
Download the Baptism Workbook
serve with us
We have a dedicated team of volunteers that serve each week at the Shed, KidSpace, and Little Stars! Each worker has undergone an application and screening process and is placed in a class where they lovingly care and serve our kids.
We have a blast together as we see children smile, laugh and learn about God. Sometimes we are serious…Sometimes not so much…
At all times we seek to teach the truth of God's word to our children so that they will never have a time that they don't understand how much God loves each of them.
There are many ways to join in on the excitement of Children’s Ministry:
- Classroom teacher: Most of our teachers serve 1 service/2 Sundays each month in the same class.
- Parent Rotation: Many parents volunteer 1 service/ 1 Sunday each month and are placed in different classes based on need.
- Security & Greeters: These volunteers help first-time guests check in and make sure our security measures are in place.
- Music Leaders: If you have a love for teaching music to kids, join our leaders who go class to class teaching songs to preschoolers or leading elementary children in worship.
- Awana Leaders: Our Tuesday night Awana program is always looking for loving adults and teens to help kids learn Scripture.
- Special Events: Some people may find it easier to be part of seasonal events than volunteer on a regular schedule. We are always in need of leaders for our annual events, (Vacation Bible School, Summer Camps, Harvest Party, Christmas Musical, and other special projects)
Be a part of our exciting team, knowing the rewards of seeing a generation of children grow to love God and each other!