"Southwinds Worship exists to prepare and lead the body into times of worship with God. True worship not only glorifies God; it changes who we are. It is our desire to facilitate this change every chance we get. We encourage people to join us in doing the work of growing in faith and maturing in Christ!"
We utilize musicians and technicians in our Sunday Worship, Student Worship, Celebrate Recovery Worship, and Children's Worship. There are a number of ways to get involved with the worship ministry at Southwinds!
- Worship Team - The worship team is a group of singers with God-gifted abilities that help lead worship every week. This group requires an audition to join.
- Band - The band is comprised of players of varying abilities and instruments. We meet weekly to rehearse for the following weekend. An informal audition can be arranged.
- Audio Team - This group of volunteers is responsible for overseeing our audio needs. They rehearse along with the band and worship team each week. No experience necessary, and training is available!
- Media Team - This group runs our computers (Pro Presenter 7) that control our sermon slides, graphics and videos. No experience necessary, and training is available!
- Video Team - These volunteers record weekly services, using multiple cameras. No experience necessary, and training is available!
If you are interested being a part of Southwinds Worship, here are a few steps you must take:
- Fill out a Connect Card and mark "Worship Ministry" on the back, or submit your information here.
- Read and sign the Worship Ministry Handbook and agree to a (1) year commitment.
- Setup a Planning Center Online account (you'll be sent an invitation and instructions after you submit your information). We use this web service to schedule vocalists, instrumentalists, and technicians each week as well as distribute music and media.
- Attend a rehearsal as an audition. We will send you a date once you have a planningcenteronline.com account. You will only participate in the rehearsal (not the service). This gives us a chance to hear you and also gives you a chance to see how things work and make sure you feel comfortable with the pace before 'going live'. We rehearse Thursday evenings.
- Once we have had a chance to hear you, we will contact you with scheduling details. We want everyone to have the opportunity to be successful in worship, therefore we may ask you to complete training prior to being placed on the schedule.
- Throughout the year, we ask all of our team members to complete four training courses at worshiptraining.com. We believe we should be growing spiritually as well as in our musical skill set.